Thursday, October 3, 2013

Tortilla Soup with Soy Chorizo

I wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to post this recipe since it does use a soy "meat" product. I am not typically a fan of them, nor do I feel that they are healthy for you...but, I had it in the freezer(for a loooong time!) and decided to add it to this soup- it would be just as delicious without it but I will include it in the recipe just because that is how I made it and that is whats pictured.



Soy Chorizo Tortilla Soup

Ingredients:
2 jalapenos
1 onion
1/2 bell pepper
1 handful julienne cut carrots
1 small zucchini
6oz soy chorizo(I used Trader Joes, its gluten free and vegan)
1 can or 2c pinto beans rinsed and drained
1 can diced tomatoes
2-4c veggie broth
3T cashew cream
1t dried cilantro(Fresh is best but I had to improvise)
1t cumin
1t chili powder
3-4 green onions
baked tortilla chips


First sautee the first 4 ingredients in a bit of veggie broth. When onions are translucent add in the chorizo and zucchini then continue to cook until the zucchini starts to get soft. Mix in the pinto beans, tomatoes, 2C veggie broth and spices. When the soup starts to boil add in the cashew cream and more veggie broth if desired. Bring back to a boil, turn off the heat and add the green onions. Serve with crushed baked tortilla chips and garnish with green onions, cilantro, black olives, or avocado! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment