Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pumpkin Walnut Oat Muffins

It's definitely fall here even if the weather disagrees! I always go pumpkin crazy this time of year- so I decided to attempt to alter my banana nut muffins to make them pumpkin and I think I actually did with great success~ so here ya go!


Pumpkin Walnut Oat Muffins

Ingredients:
2.5c gluten free rolled oats
1/2 can pumpkin
1T  +/- pumpkin spice
1T +/- molasses
1C apple sauce
1 over ripe banana
1/4c raw cane sugar
1/4t vanilla
1t baking soda
2t baking powder
1/2c walnuts or 1/4c walnut pieces


First make oat flour out of the gluten free oats by processing for a minute or so in the food processor. Then- add everything except the walnuts and process until smooth. When everything is combined add in the walnuts and pulse a couple times to mix in. Divide evenly among 12 muffin cups. Bake at 400 for 18 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment