Sunday, June 27, 2010

Spicy-Cool Sesame Cucumber Salad

Well, the cukes are coming in and I have more than I know what to do with! I will start with one of my favorite salads. I absolutely love the taste of toasted sesame oil and I tend to put it in most everything Asian that I create. Its especially good in this salad but plain sesame oil would work too.

Spicy-Cool Sesame Cucumber Salad

2 large cucumbers, the skinnier the better
1-2 spring onions(I used about 4 sprigs of the greens)
1tbs Braggs(could use wheat free tamari)
1tsp toasted sesame oil
1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce (I use Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce)
1tsp sesame seeds
1tsp black sesame seeds

I start by slicing my cucumbers super thin, enough so you can see through them. I recommend using narrow cucumbers because they tend to be more tender- if yours are larger I would recommend peeling them first. Slice the green onions in half lengthwise then slice very thin.

In a medium bowl with a lid mix everything except cucumbers. Add the cucumbers put on the lid and shake well to coat. Refrigerate for at least an hour. Enjoy!

This is one of my favorite recipes because its so simple and easy- can be served immediately but best if you refrigerate first. A great side to my Spicy lettuce wraps!

1 comment:

  1. Both of my sisters-in-law are big gardeners and they have been making lots of pickles lately. Although maybe that requires a different kind of cuke.

    ReplyDelete