Monday, January 3, 2011

Creamy White Bean Taco Soup

Creamy White Bean Taco Soup

Ingredients:
2c Cooked Great Northern beans with some liquid

2 rounded T nutritional yeast
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cube not beef boullion
1/4 ea orange and green bell pepper(sometimes I use 1/2c Trader joes tri color peppers)
1/3c TVP
Taco seasoning (here)



I prefer to use dried beans so I cook them and freeze them about once a month. My freezer pouches are about two cups each.

Put half of the beans in a soup pot on medium heat.
Add the boullion cube and nutritional yeast.
Puree with an immersion blender.
Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
Let simmer for 10 minutes. (If it looks too thick add a little water)

Garnish with taco toppings if desired! I chose avocado and cilantro- yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment