Monday, October 4, 2010

A Product Review: Health Valley Organic Split Pea soup


The weather is getting cooler and I have been in soup mode. Mostly I have been making my own soups, but today I decided to try the split pea soup that has been sitting in my pantry for a couple months. At first sight I wondered if something was wrong with it. It looked pretty much like a lighter colored dog food sliding out of the can. I had to look at the can again to make sure that I had read it correctly that it was not condensed... it wasn't. Hmm, could this really be okay to eat? I went on a hunt online and only found one review on the soup, and they said it appeared very thick but after heated was smooth and velvety...um, never quite got that so I added some water. Much better in appearance with the added water. I tasted it... and then contemplated throwing it away, not very good... Dieting I have tried to learn not to waste my calories on things I don't really think taste very good. BUT, its so full of fiber and so low fat I decided to take another taste... then added some fresh ground pepper, celery salt, and onion powder. MUCH better. I think I may just enjoy this. Its probably not something I will buy again, because in general things in the can form I would like to be able to just take to work and throw in the microwave for lunch and, for me, this isn't an eat right out of the can soup...

UPDATE: I couldn't get through this soup, definitely won't be purchasing this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment